YOU’VE GOT THIS!
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember, everything you have faced, all the battles you have won and all the fears you have overcome. ~ Author Unknown
I love this. We get caught up in self doubt and fear, and we forget what we have accomplished. God gives us the strength to get through, he walks with us, and he carries us if needed.
It can be easy to lose sight of that and to have tunnel vision. To get consumed by what is happening in front of you and trying to control things that are not for you to control. When we have major events or challenges in our lives, it is hard to see what else is happening around us.
As a friend told me to do - you need to just get out of your head. You need to focus on something different from the problem or challenge before you. Understand what it is that you can do to change or help it and understand what is not in your control.
Change what you can, and for the rest, turn your worry into prayer and let it go. Below are a few things that may help you refocus your heart and your head away from things you can’t control.
- Daily gratitude.
- When a tough situation or challenge is consuming your mind, take a moment to write down the good in your day.
- If your problem is focused around a person, try to write something good about that person.
- Helping someone else.
- Step out of your world and do something nice for someone else. This can be a perfect stranger or someone you know. Just redirect your attention to bring yourself some peace.
- Going for a walk or do exercise.
- One of the best things may be to move your body! Step out and move. Walk through a park or take an exercise class. Anything to move your body.
- Listen to inspirational music or a podcast.
- Listen to something that inspires you.
- With prayer don’t just ASK God to help the situation, but instead THANK HIM for helping the situation. Know that God is with you and in control.
We each have God-given strength to handle whatever comes our way, be proud of all you have accomplished and who you are. You are an amazing human with a lot to offer all those who are in your world. You’ve got this!
Sending peace, love, and joy to you my friend!